Tasmania is recognised by the United Nations as a Regional Centre of Expertise in Education for Sustainability. We aim to endorse and showcase successful sustainability initiatives that are educative in nature throughout Tasmania. If you are working in an educative capacity towards social, cultural, economic and environmental sustainability, we’d love to hear from you. By sharing initiatives and lessons learnt, we aim to help overcome the sustainability challenges that our region faces.
Each initiative is judged (by the Steering Committee) against criteria relating to:
- the strength of the sustainability message,
- its alignment with the EfS principles,
- how well it was delivered,
- the availability of learnings that could be useful for others wanting to replicate this initiative,
- the ongoing social, cultural, economic and environmental benefits for the target audience.
Exemplary initiatives will be given a ‘highly commendable’ endorsement status.
Before you can submit an initiative for endorsement you must become a member of Education for Sustainability Tasmania.
When your projects are endorsed, you can use the endorsed-logo on your activity information and the wording “This project has been endorsed by Education for Sustainability Tasmania, a United Nations recognised Regional Centre of Expertise on Education for Sustainable Development”.