- To build the capacity of teachers to deliver education for sustainability, through strong, robust and authentic relationships with the University of Tasmania, community groups and business.
- To increase understandings of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Education for Sustainability, with a focus on identifying opportunities for application of the ideas in teaching, partnered projects and research.
When and where:
- Thursday 28th September Hobart 9:30am- 12:30pm at the Sustainability Learning Centre;
- Friday 29th September Launceston 9:00-12noon at Launceston Church Grammar School;
- Friday 29th September Burnie 3-6pm at the Makers workshop.
- Education for Sustainability (EfS) Tasmania: a UN-recognised Regional Centre of Expertise (UNRCE). EfS Tasmania is one of only 150 RCEs worldwide and one of only five centres in Australia.
- Teachers, supporting practitioners and anyone across Tasmania with an interest in education and sustainability – all are welcome.
Format of the 3 hr workshops:
- key note speaker Jen Dollin from Western Sydney University;
- short highlights of best practice education for sustainability initiatives in Tasmania;
- opportunities for participants to workshop ways to embed sustainability more securely into their teaching practices.
Event Registration (register your interest so we can keep you informed).