You are invited to participate in our free Local Steps towards Global Goals workshops to be held across the State. These three events, hosted by Education for Sustainability Tasmania will provide great opportunities for people with an educative role to come together. Through presentations on best practice initiatives in Tasmania and workshop activities these events will help you identify ways to embed sustainability more securely into your teaching practices. Register using the form below.
When and where:
- Thursday 28th September Hobart 9:30am- 12:30pm at the Sustainability Learning Centre (50 Olinda Grove, Mount Nelson)
- Friday 29th September Launceston 9:00-12noon at Launceston Church Grammar School (36 Button St, Mowbray)
- Friday 29th September Burnie 3-6pm at Room D203 at the Cradle Coast University of Tasmania Campus
- To build the capacity of educators and trainers to deliver education for sustainability, through strong, robust and authentic relationships and collaborations.
- To increase understandings of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Education for Sustainability, with a focus on identifying opportunities for application of the ideas in teaching, partnered projects and research.
- Education for Sustainability Tasmania: one of 156 UN-recognised Regional Centres of Expertise worldwide and one of only five in Australia.
- Teachers, supporting practitioners and anyone across Tasmania with an interest in education and sustainability – all are welcome.
Format of the 3 hr workshops:
- Key note speaker Jen Dollin from Western Sydney University
- Short highlights from Tasmanian educators, of best practice education for sustainability initiatives
- Opportunities for participants to workshop ways to embed sustainability more securely into their teaching practices.
View the full agenda and more about our speakers and presenters.